Sunday, June 17, 2007

Free Bird Food...Illegal Aliens!

Took this from my other Blog. Wanted to make sure that all three of my readers saw this one. America needs to stand up and do what is right and legal. Not what is politically correct.
_____________________


I put a bird feeder on my back porch a while back. It was a great event. I filled it with food and made sure that there was a bird bath and plenty of fresh water nearby.


In a short time a few birds came. I enjoyed watching these few birds as they flittered around the back yard enjoying the free food and provided water. Soon it was fun to watch as these few birds built a nest in the tree in the backyard.

After several more weeks, it appeared that a communication had gone out advertising the free food and water. Soon the few birds that were enjoyable to watch and who had set up housekeeping in the tree out back, were joined by hundreds of other birds.

Soon there begin to be massive amounts of bird litter on my back porch. My swing was covered with litter. My outdoor furniture was such that it had to be hosed off and cleaned everyday to be used.

It began to go from a few dollars a week for bird food to being very expensive and a huge job to keep the bird feeder full. Some of the birds began to get very aggressive when the bird feeder was empty and would dive at me as I stepped into my backyard.

Life in my backyard had become somewhat like an Alfred Hitchcock movie.

The birds were taking over.

Sometimes I feel like this is somewhat how America is with "Illegal Aliens" . And I stress illegal. We are a melting pot and most descended from somewhere else. But I am here legally and believe that anyone that is not needs to do what it takes to be legal or go home.

But back to my point. As we try to be a socially correct society, we have become a "free food" society. We have embraced those that are illegal by possibly granting amnesty, by providing free medical services, free food, allowing them to infiltrate our schools and having all of the freedoms that legal inhabitants have.

Yes we have put out the birdfeeder on the back porch.. and they did come.

Maybe it is time for America to embrace the idea that they are "Illegal" and we should take in the birdfeeders and do what it takes to get this thing right.

Just my thoughts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of the things that gets overlooked in this debate is our farm policy and the corn subsidy situation that leaves farmers in Mexico unable to compete with the corn we dump there.

U.S. policies are as much at fault in this area.

I was surprised when I studied in Mexico a couple of years ago that the newspapers there even talked about the "right of passage" that young Mexican men have by going to the U.S. as part of their step from youth to adulthood.

We supported families for three years in the early 90s through our church at Christmas. We took in items that they might need... pots and pans, coats and shirts from Target, school supplies for the children. We got the names from our school district. When we went to deliver these items, we discovered that although they might not have had the necessities such as clothing, they sure had all the latest stereo and tvs...

One of the most rewarding things I ever did, though, was volunteer to read in the library for the elementary that was 80% hispanic. The children had NO parents that would come volunteer in anyway (they were scared of being deported) and the library was devoid of books. The children hung on every word. Our school district built a new school and a new playground for this school while I had to head up a fundraising campaign to get new playground equipment.

Lots of issues here. In Texas they feel that they have a right to this as the country was once Mexico.