Saturday, October 27, 2007

Ever made a smashed penny?

I am always crazy about nostalgia and one of the things that always attracts me is the penny press machine; used to smash, squish, and elongate pennies and foreign coins. You know the the ones that when you get through you have a souvenir of the place you have been.

I remember using a penny machine at Six Flags several years ago. I know that penny is around here somewhere. Man that brings back memories of times gone by. It is amazing how a little thing like a mashed penny could stir the thoughts and memories.

Yes - I remember - we were out enjoying a vacation with the daughter - she is grown now - taking in the rides, the fun the enjoyment. We saw this machine with the big hand crank and the bubble on top that said we could put in a penny and out would come a memory a replica of the train I believe.

Well we did and I guess a memory did come out - cause look at me now talking about it. Boy those were good days.

Well just a few months ago I saw one of these coin press machines. Cant even remember where it was(that memory goes with age you know), but I remember that something about it drew me near and caused me to talk about "Remember When" with my wife.

The next time you see one of these penny machine - make a memory!


No comments: