Friday, February 22, 2008

Wikipedia for Investing

Have you heard of wikinvest.com . I hadn't until just recently, but in reviewing the site it looks like a great site for the savvy investor. The site appears to have lots of information and valuable data.

In looking at the site I decided to do research on Best Buy . The research there was very enlightning. The research on Wikinvest seemed to give more detail than you find many times on other investment sites. This research gave not only true investment information but also gave the different countries where the company was investing as well as their expertise and their problem areas. The site gave relevant charts as well as giving threats to Best Buy's existence such as Walmart.

All of this information seemed to be fairly concise and to the point. However, in reviewing this I did find that in some areas the detail might not have been as necessary to know if I were to be trying to make an investment decision.

Overall I did find that Wikinvest.com would be a site that I would frequent when thinking through stock investment decisions or a site that I would visit just if I wanted to have a greater knowledge of a certain business.

Good Site. I would recommend this to anyone.

No comments: