Monday, April 30, 2007

Wish I Was Fishing - Little Red River

Surfing for something to do in the next few weeks and it brings to mind the couple of times I have had the opportunity to fish on the Little Red River.


Saw this picture and couldn't help but wish that it were me. Maybe I can do a little more of this in retirement.


A little more about the River:

Little Red River, emerging icy cold from beneath massive dam at Greers Ferry Lake is a premier-class trout stream. Trout were introduced to the Little Red in 1966, some three years after the completion of the lake project. Rainbows, browns and cutthroats are caught for some 35-river miles below the dam. Howard "Rip" Collins caught a 40-pound, four-ounce world record brown on the river in 1992...a mark that still stands. Full service marinas and resorts are available along the upper sections of the Little Red. Both public and resort launch areas are conveniently located on both sides of the river. Attractions in the area include the William Carl Garner/Corps of Engineers Visitor Center, hiking trails overlooking the river, trout hatchery; plus boating, fishing, and resort villages around the lake.

2 comments:

Chris McClure aka Panhandle Poet said...

Oh, yeah! Very nice -- wish I was there. I saw water once...six drops fell out of the sky. Pretty amazing!

Stella said...

Hi, Just wanted to stop by and say thank you very much for the kind words you left on my blog. You must think I'm terribly rude for not replying earlier, I didn't see your comment was there until today. It was lovely to read, so thanks again.

I am definitely going to have a look at your blog while I'm here...looks really interesting.

Twinkle