Saturday, January 16, 2010

Move or Rent - You Need Help!

It was just over 20 years ago that my trek started from Texas to Arkansas. Job changes, life changes and other factors caused it to be time to move from my home state of Texas to the foreign country of Arkansas. This was a major life change for me, my wife and especially my first grade daughter.

The first thought is what could I do to make this as good as it could be. None of us wanted to do move but it had to be done. The first thing that became my major responsibility was to find suitable housing for my family. Remember this was 20 years ago. This was before the technology had began to leap forward. Yes, Al Gore had not invented the internet yet.

The only thing that I could do was to start searching for apartments for rent through the newspaper in town where we were going. This was an awkward way of looking since it was 800 miles away and we knew no one there.

Well, long story short I ended up going and staying for two weeks in a motel and finding the right place to live. Then came the real move. Well, that was done by professional movers and that made all of the difference. However, the problem with that was finding the right movers, for the right price that would do what we wanted done when we wanted done.

Wow how things have changed. Today if you are searching for apartments for rent you simply get on the internet and go to something like move.com. There you can search just about any place you want for the apartment or house that will suit your needs. You can also get moving quotes, compare prices and options for a move and many other things associated with relocating.

Where were you internet when I needed you. Times have really changed and gotten better when it comes to moving.

No comments: