Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Skateboards and skateboarding

Boy how great it would be to be young again. The website that I just reviewed about skateboards and skateboarding made me think back to my youth of about 12 years old. I was young and living in West Texas but went to visit for a week with my sister in California.

Well, the people in California were way ahead of the West Texans and at that time they had something that I had not seen before...the skateboard. I had the opportunity while I was there to get to be what I thought was pretty good on that skateboard. Yea! Real Good. I mean that I could go about a block down the sidewalk without crashing but once or twice. Man was I good.

Well, what a difference today. I watch extreme skateboarding on Television and I see young men and women turning flips, skating on rails or on stair bannisters. The bowls that they have for skateboarding are marvelous. Man, I thought I was good just because I didn't fall much. These kids are really good.

Well, again as I reviewed the site Wearhouse Skateboards, it gave me great appreciation for the engineering that goes into todays skateboards vs the old boards that we were using back in my day. This website shows you the opportunity to buy all of the parts or build a skateboard as you want it done. It is an awsome website for skateboards and skateboarding.


No comments: