Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lifetime has great original programming

As far as I’m concerned, the best network on Directtv satellite tv right now is Lifetime. I don’t care who thinks it’s too sappy or girly, I like it, and I’d shout it from the rooftops! Lifetime is one of the more well-rounded channels out there for women. They feature tons and tons of original movies, like “The Pregnancy Pact”, which I watched last week. A lot of them are based on true stories and come out not too long after the news story breaks, which is an interesting way to get in the know. I can’t believe how many of the movies that they run feature some pretty big names in entertainment! There are movies starring LeAnn Rimes, Eddie Cibrian, and even Mandy Moore running on this channel!

Another thing I really like about Lifetime is the original programming. There’s a show called “Army Wives” that I absolutely love…it’s like Desperate Housewives but the drama is more reality-based, which makes it more interesting to watch, for sure. My husband is in the army, so on the night it airs, my girlfriends and I like to congregate at someone’s house on base and watch Army Wives. It makes us feel closer to our deployed husbands and definitely gives us something to talk about! Lifetime is really great about programming things that span all generations and tastes, which I suppose is why I like it so much. I would definitely consider it my favorite channel, by far.

Thanks Toni Williams for the guest post!

No comments: