Monday, June 21, 2010

Investing in Coins and Precious Metals

I love to invest in gold. Over the years I have made several investments in gold coins, silver, bullion and many coins both commemoratives and proof sets. One of the things that I have found in doing all of this is that information about value and quality is very important to the investment process.

What do I mean by that? Well quality of proof sets can be tricky. If you believe you are buying one quality and it is really another the value can be very different. Another thing that is important is being sure of the purity of the silver, gold . gold coins or bullion that you purchase. If you get less than think you are purchasing in quality then again the value is very different.

So, I guess what I am saying is that knowledge is king. That knowledge is usually available on excellent sources on the internet. So if you are investing in this type of medium, then I would suggest become informed.

That is my thoughts for now.

No comments: