Tuesday, December 4, 2007

New Arkansas Razorback Coach to be Named Monday

My source Hillbilly Willy says that he might have talked to Razorback foundation members in the know and they say that the new coach will be named next Monday.

Right now the leading candidates are Mike Leach, Gus Malzahn, Ron English and Jimmy Johnson. The only thing they are waiting for is to see if Tommy Tuberville is going to sign his contract with Auburn. If not - he will be the next coach.

Those are my rumors for now.

Have a good evening and let the rumors fly.

Was that an Arkansas Razorback Plane that I saw in Florida?

2 comments:

Lord Nazh said...

TT signed a 2-year extension with Auburn.

I'd put my money on Malzahn if I was abettin

Anonymous said...

Anybody who thinks that Jimmy Johnson will come back to coach Arkansas is a raving lunatic...pure an simple. Lock them up and never take their advice on anything again. Simply won't happen. Malzahn had a role in the whole saga from last year...no way will he be given the reigns after two seasons on this level as an OC. He hasn't earned it yet. My money would be one of the following, Petrino, Kiffin (unlikely but a possibility), or Muschamp. Until the guys signs the contract then I will ignore whatever these so-called "anonymous" sources say. They won't go on the record about it because they don't know any better than you or me.