Friday, December 28, 2007

Romance and Love - Important things in Life!

I miss you is something that I say to my wife often whenever we are apart. We try not to be apart often but over the 29 years of marriage has happened more than we like. Why do I use those words when we are apart? Well, it is because when you are away from the love of your life, your best friend and confidant, you truly do miss her.

It is those times when you are far apart, wishing that you can be together that you really miss the romance that is found in a wonderful marriage. Romance that comes not from the really crazy things that you do, but the romance that comes with the comfort and security that you offer each other.

But the thing that I do find and realize when we are apart is the fact that I do not do enough of the romantic things that I should do to spice up everyday life. The things that I should want to do just because I love her.

What are some of these things. Well, how about romantic love letters. This is a lost art and something that should not be that hard to do if we would simply put into words the things that we really feel in our heart --if we just stop and think.

Or what about reading a love poem to your wife, or even better write a love poem to your wife if you have any poetry ability. That is a lost art in itself.

Another thought is just the simple art of holding hands. Have you held hands with your wife in public lately. Let her know that you love her. Simply holding hands will let her and others know that you really care.

What I am trying to say is that if your wife is truly the love of your life, then this is something that you need to let her know each and everyday. It does take some effort, but the effort is worth it.

My goal is to make this a priority in 2008.

No comments: