Here is my take on each.
Large town dealership -
- three salesman tackle you as you get out of your vehicle on the lot - only one wins your hand
- you look at 37 cars that they show you that do not match what you told them your price range was
- you finally find one that maybe you can afford.
- You to to his desk - one of twenty in the building. - He begins to try to be your buddy.
- You tell him what you can do - he tells you he must talk to the boss - tells you that you are real shrewd
- He comes back with a counter offer.
- You counter offer - he goes back behind the curtain to the wizard.
- He counters - he goes to wizard a third and forth time and finally says you win and you agree on a price.
- You go to fill out the papers with the finance man - the final dollar amount is bout $300 higher than your agreed upon price
- He tells you it is processing fees and he cant waive them.
- You get mad but you make the deal anyway and you swear never to go back there again.
- You see a couple of cars you like as you drive by.
- You stop and ask the one salesman as you stand inside the building - What is your bottom dollar.
- He tells you that here is the best price. - You believe him.
- You drive around the block and say - I will take it.
- You go back in and fill out paperwork.
- $amount is exactly what he said it would be
- You drive off feeling good.