Saturday, November 3, 2007

Arkansas Razorbacks? - Basketball Season yet?

I have been an Arkansan for 18 years come this Thanksgiving. I thought that I could never live anyplace but Texas. However, moving to Arkansas when my daughter was in the first grade and now she is married, working and making a great young lady, gives me pride that home is where you make it and not the physical boundaries of the state.

In so making this my home, I have also adopted the passion that many have in this state for the Razorbacks. It was first basketball under Nolan Richardson, and then Football under Houston Nutt.

Well, even though I think that Houston Nutt is still an good man, I now question his coaching ability when he goes from having a great pre-season favorite team with high expectations to a mediocre team just looking to maybe get to a poor bowl game.

Yes, it becomes a crazy passion but I believe we need to fire Houston Nutt and get on with the football program.

All I can say now is bring on Basketball.

No comments: